Best Methods to Treat Acne: Discover Reliable Essential Oils to Smoothen Your Skin Completely
Have you been struggling to restore the glow on your face? Well, we understand the frustrations associated with acne and have packaged quality information that will guarantee you a smooth skin within days! We believe that acne shouldn’t lower your self-esteem and tarnish your public image because the problem can be treated using simple and trusted methods. This article will provide crucial tips on the use of essential oils to get rid of acne for good. It’ll offer unmatched quality of information on the specific types of oils to eliminate various kinds of acne!
Table of Contents
Which Essential Oil Is Good for Acne?
While you shouldn’t ignore acnes, it is crucial that you do not gamble with the type of oil that you apply on your skin! You should determine the type of acne that you’re suffering from as well as the sensitivity of your skin before using any form of oil. Also, the oil that you apply is determined by several other factors including the severity, location, and the causes of the acne.
Perhaps you’re wondering why you should use the essential oils rather than the readily available inorganic products in the beauty stores. Right? Well, these oils are primarily obtained from organic sources such as plants which assure of safety. The chances of a product backfiring on you are significantly reduced when you use natural substances as opposed to the synthetically manufactured chemical products. Better still, the manufacturers have made it easier for you! You can now find your favorite beauty product fortified with the specific essential oil that you need to get rid of that acne! Sounds interesting, right? The section below describes the details to help you make an informed choice of the product to use.
Cystic acne is severe and may cause you intense pain if left untreated for long. If you’re experiencing the large, inflamed cysts on the skin, you shouldn’t try to pop them since this will worsen the situation. Instead, you should ice it and then apply tea tree oil and lavender essential oils to relieve you from pain.
Use the oils as described below:
Tea Tree Oil. The essential oils have a considerable amount of antifungal and antibacterial substances that ensure an effective treatment of the acne. You should ensure that you have an entirely pure tea tree oil to enhance its efficiency. Mix approximately 30 drops of the oil with witch hazel and dip cotton balls into it. Immediately the balls absorb the product; you should remove them and apply gently on the affected part of the skin. You should repeat the procedure twice a day to ensure complete acne eradication. In case you’re suffering from an outbreak affecting a large surface of the skin, you can add several drops of oil into your bathing water. Are you worried that this oil will leave a stench on your body after you’re through with the shower? Well, this is not the case! The oil has an attractive smell that you’ll tolerate the entire day.Important Information!
If your skin is sensitive to foreign substances, you should risk applying tea tree oil alone! Ensure that you add a teaspoon of coconut oil, witch hazel oil, or olive to assure safe use of your tree oil tomato. Also, avoid direct contact with the sun since the oil increases the sensitivity of your skin to UV rays.
- Lavender. This oil is ideal for you if your skin is highly sensitive. It’ll soothe your skin while judiciously eliminating the cystic acne. The oil has both antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that create a synergy to correctly treat the acne without leaving any blemish on your skin. You should apply a few drops on the affected area every morning after you’ve taken your bath. Also, you can mix it with jojoba or almond oil and use the mixture to massage your skin every morning.
It’s normal for adolescents to develop acne around their face, neck, chest, or back area. If you’re in this situation and you are in desperate need of a relief, then worry no more! Natural remedies for acne offer a safe method for the treatment of your condition, further details can be found here. You may decide to use methods as described in honey for acne and Aloe Vera to ensure that you only apply safe techniques. You should avoid using inorganic substances since they may lead to adverse side effects.
Also, you can opt to use natural essential oils including:
- Geranium. Are you a teen or a parent? Hormonal imbalance can wreak havoc and lead to acne on the face. This oil is crucial in ensuring hormonal balance thus reversing the formation of acne among the teens. You should diffuse the oil in your room before you sleep or apply them directly on your skin. You can also dip a cotton ball in a few drops of the oil and apply gently on the affected area of the skin.
- Frankincense. This essential oil can be used independently or together with geranium. It has the potential to reverse the acne on your face without leaving a single spot! Diffuse it in your room before you sleep or apply it directly to the affected region using cotton balls.
Are acnes lowering your grit and stamina at your workplace? You should apply reliable oils to ensure treatment without leaving spots behind. There are several oils that you can use for the treatment process including tea tree, lavender, sandalwood, and carrot seed essential oils. You should apply these products specifically on the affected region immediately after taking a bath. Additionally, you may add several drops of the oil you choose to the bathing water every morning for a complete healing of the acne.
Top 7 Essential Oils I Can Use
Acne can be stubborn to heal and they, sometimes, leave behind undesired scars. If you have these spots, you should try the following top 7 essential oils for an efficient treatment process:
- Lemon Oil. This product eliminates the pustules leaving you with smooth skin. The oil is particularly helpful if you have oily skin since it’ll help reduce the oil on the skin. It also has astringent and antibacterial properties that tighten sagging skin and efficiently eliminate the scars left behind by the acne. Apply the lemon oil twice daily by using cotton balls.
- Lavender Oil. This oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory products that help in ensuring effective treatment of acne. The product reduces stress and eliminates the chances of acne formation even among the teens. If you already have the scars, ensure that you apply lavender oil twice a day using cotton balls. The scars will be eliminated within 1-3 weeks of constituent application.
- Sandalwood Oil. This oil offers one of the surest methods to treat the acne scars. It has strong astringent properties that help in pulling the skin together and, in the process, eliminating the scars. Additionally, the product has unique anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that protect your skin against the formation of fresh acne as well as ensuring that it locks in the moisture.
- Bergamot Oil. The citrus-based product has excellent astringent and antibacterial properties. It contributes significantly to the reduction of acne pimples as well as getting rid of the scars on the skin. You should apply the oil before sleeping and early in the morning using cotton balls. Soak several cotton balls in a few drops of the oil and apply gently on the affected area.
- Patchouli Oil. This is a healing herb that is ideal for keeping acne scars at bay. You should apply several drops of the oil every day for several weeks. It has antibacterial properties that eliminate the acne without leaving behind blemishes. Its astringent property is helpful in ensuring a firm, scar-free, and smooth skin. It gets rid of wrinkles, scars, spots, and fine lines within a few days of its use.
- Neroli Oil. This product has the potential to stimulate the cellular activities responsible for regenerating the skin. The essential oil has excellent anti-scarring properties that aid in reducing acne spots and stretch marks. Apply several drops of the oil on the affected part of your skin twice daily.
- Carrot Seed Oil. This product is rich in beta-carotene which is essential for the regeneration of your skin. You can mix it with helichysum essential oil to make a highly effective anti-acne serum which guarantees a quick treatment of acne scars. Also, see a recipe for rosehip and carrot seed oil which can be helpful in acne elimination.
Other oils that are instrumental in the treatment of acne include vetiver, chamomile, jojoba, sweet almond, and avocado oil.
The Best for Acne-Prone Skin
If your skin is sensitive and prone to acne, you should be highly selective on the type of oils you apply. The best product for acne prone skin should eliminate the chances of their formation. As such, you should use oils with high levels of antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Oily acne prone skin is common due to the high level of oils on the skin blocking the hair follicles. To avoid such situations, you should use oils such as cypress, lavender, grapefruit, argan, and marula essential oils for a good outcome.
Acne Oily Skin
If you have oily skin, you are more susceptible to developing acne than those individuals with dry skins. As such, you should ensure that you use essential oils that have specific properties ideal for the oily skin.
- Cedarwood essential oil. This product regulates the production of oil and sebum by your skin which effectively prevents the formation of acne. You should add approximately seven drops of the essential oil in a half cup of water and use it to wash the affected area.
- Fennel essential oil. This is one of the best products for use with oily skins. It has a significantly high efficiency in the treatment of acne and ensuring that no spots remain after healing. Also, the oil helps in getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines in your face. Apply several drops of the oil directly into the region affected using cotton balls.
- Oregano oil. The product is ideal for oily skin with acne since it has effective antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. You can mix the product with a carrier oil such as olive, coconut or jojoba. Gently rub the cotton balls containing the mixture in the affected area several times a day.
Prevention Tips When Using Essential Oils
Whiles the oil products are vital in keeping your skin acne-free, you should develop precautionary skills to ensure that you remain safe throughout the application process.
You should stick to the following safety tips religiously:
- Always use pure oils. Before the application of the essential oils, you should always ensure their authenticity. Use only 100% pure natural essential oils to avoid additives that may trigger allergic reactions on your skin thus worsening the situation.
Never apply the essential oils on your eyes, ears, and nose. These body parts are highly sensitive, and the introduction of foreign oils may trigger allergic reaction leading to severe conditions such as inflammation, loss of sight, smell, or even impaired hearing. Only apply the oil on the external skin. In case of an accident, you should flush the affected area with coconut or olive oil.Never apply water when oil splash on a sensitive area!
- You should never use eucalyptus, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils in the presence of children. These products may have a burning sensation which may lead to irritations that are difficult for children to withstand.
- Never use the essential oils when pregnant. Although not all essential oils are harmful during pregnancy, it is crucial that you research and consult your gynecologist before the application of any essential oil. Better be safe than sorry!
- Dilute the oils before placing them on the skin. It is advisable that you slightly dilute the oils before using them to avoid irritations. This is particularly important when you are applying the oil to children.
- Do not use the same oil for a prolonged period. You should avoid applying oil on a single place repeatedly.
The treatment process of acne can be complicated when you have oily acne prone skins. The process is worsened by the imminent risk of the acne leaving behind scars after the healing. However, you can apply reliable natural methods to keep the acne at bay and maintain a smooth, pimple-free face. You should critically go through the essential oils discussed herein to determine the best one for you.
You can find further details of Acne here.