Getting Rid of Acne Using Pills: Proven Methods, Tricks, and Products for Reducing Your Spots
Having acne is like having a curse put on you: you didn’t ask for it, you didn’t do anything wrong, and yet you wake up every day to a new rash of blemishes scattered across your skin. Acne sufferers have a unique plight, in that everyone can see their visible illness. However, whether you have just a few spots dotted across your forehead or a cluster of them on every visible surface of your body, you can find relief in knowing that there are pills that are guaranteed to eliminate your acne. If you’ve tried everything else under the sun, then please keep reading to learn how you can cure your acne for good using pills.
Table of Contents
Without a doubt, acne pills are some of the most effective forms of treatment you can use to cure your acne. Oftentimes, acne is a systemic disease, and treating it as such can yield better results. The acne on your face or back is just a symptom of an underlying condition, and treating just the spots doesn’t address the problem that caused them in the first place.
Some of the most effective pills that someone may use to treat their acne include:
- Contraceptive pills: It used to be that only a doctor could prescribe oral contraceptive pills, but nowadays, women can simply pick up a packet from their local pharmacist. These help balance hormones, reducing acne-causing androgens in the body.
- Fish oil: Acne is frequently associated with systemic inflammation in the body. To reduce that inflammation, consume anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fatty acids that you can find in fish oil pills.
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is severely underrated in its acne-treating properties. Vitamin A is a powerful retinoid and is found in topical creams like tretinoin and the most powerful prescribed acne-curing medicine, Accutane (isotretinoin).
Combined with a healthy diet and gentle skin cleansing regimen, these pills can cure even the nastiest case of acne vulgaris. For more information about the best way to get rid of acne, click here.
Nature’s Cure Acne Pills Reviews
The all-natural formula found in Nature’s Cure Acne Pills is effective for both males and females. Since it’s natural, it doesn’t have any harsh chemicals that can cause dangerous toxicity. It takes a homeopathic approach to acne, treating the illness instead of just the spots.
The female-specific formula contains the following ingredients:
- English Walnut: Effective against pimples and other skin eruptions.
- Yeast: Treats chronic breakouts.
- Cone Flower: Antimicrobial, treats skin infections.
- Wild Rosemary: Diminishes forehead spots.
- Vegetable Carbon: Soothes itching and sensitive skin.
- Frost Weed: Gets rid of smaller zits.
Most ladies report relief from symptoms, especially those that recur around menses due to hormonal changes, within one week. Existing spots shrink and new eruptions do not occur. This is an ongoing treatment; you’ll have to continue to use it to ensure its effectiveness.
The male formula has the following active ingredients:
- Garden Marigold: Encourages quick healing of existing spots.
- Golden Seal: Improves health of skin, reduces spots.
- Cone Flower: Cures skin infections with its antimicrobial properties.
- Wild Licorice: Prevents skin from excessive dryness, itching, and scabbing.
- Black Cohosh: Shrinks inflammatory acne zits.
According to the men who take Nature’s Cure, there’s a brief “purging” period (where the skin gets worse before it gets better) followed closely by clear skin. This is an ongoing treatment in order to be effective.
For those who are firm believers in traditional medicine, these herbal supplements are just what you’re looking for. Rooted in Chinese tradition, Margarite Acne Pills have demonstrated themselves to be a reliable cure for acne.
This is a powerful detoxifying medicine and needs to be taken five times a day. Results come as quickly as two weeks after beginning, but some people may experience purgingas the body heals from toxins.
It contains the following active ingredients:
- Lonicera Japonica Flower: boosts immune system to better fight off existing acne
- Rehmannia Glutinosa Root: anti-inflammatory; purges toxins from the liver
- Zostera Marina Herb: encourages collagen synthesis; leaves skin soft and smooth
- Cristaria Plicata Pearl: treats persistent spots; removes toxins from body
- Bubalus Bubalis: cools “hot” blood and cleans out toxins
- Bos Taurus Domesticus Bezoar: anti-inflammatory and detoxifies.
For those who are seeking an alternative treatment to their acne and are distrustful of modern medicine, Margarite Acne Pills may be exactly what they need to get quick and thorough results.
Best Zinc Pills
Zinc is a mineral that is bountiful in foods, but many people fail to hit the RDAs (recommended daily allowances) for it. Not getting adequate zinc can have serious repercussions – people who suffer from acne have an average of 25% less zinc in their systems than those with clear skin. That’s a serious correlation!
Fortunately, it’s very easy to boost zinc levels in your body to attain clear skin. For those who can’t get it from diet, there are several supplements that you can choose from to get your zinc levels back up to optimal levels.
Before starting any supplementation regimen, check all ingredients carefully for potential allergens. Even though most supplements should only contain the expected product, some may contain hidden soy, wheat, or dairy. If you have an adverse reaction to any supplements, stop taking them immediately and consult your doctor.
- Pure Encapsulations: This zinc supplement has minimal fillers and is vegetarian friendly. It contains a very pure form of zinc called “zinc piliconate, ” which is extremely bio-available (which means that your body is able to use it better). It contains 100% of the RDA for zinc per capsule.
- NutraBio: Incredibly pure, the only other ingredient this supplement contains is its vegetarian capsule. It contains 333% of the RDA of zinc from zinc gluconate, which is highly bio-available. Each bottle contains at 4 month supply and is great for those on a budget.
- Garden of Life: This supplement is minimally processed, comes from real food, and is highly bio-available. Because it comes from food, you don’t have to worry about the “type” of zinc it is. It comes with Vitamin C, which is also great for clear skin. Each capsule contains 100% of the RDA and comes with bonus ingredients: dried fruits and vegetables, which can help improve your health and give you clear skin faster.
Using zinc to clear your skin is a safe, effective, and affordable approach to achieving clear skin. You can expect to start seeing results within two weeks, and fading of hyper-pigmentation and red marks within a month.
Vitamin E Pills
Just like many people have insufficient zinc levels in their bodies that leads to acne breakouts, not having enough Vitamin E can also cause acne. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin and the RDA of it is just 15 milligrams daily. Since many people can’t get adequate amounts of it from diet, supplements can help greatly in your quest for clear skin.
The great thing about Vitamin E is that you can reap benefits from it not only from consuming a capsule, but you can actually apply it topically for a double-whammy of skin-clearing benefits!
Here’s how you can use Vitamin E pills to cure your acne:
- Gently wash your face with an alcohol-free cleanser and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a thin layer of oil-free moisturizer to your face.
- Using a sewing pin or needle, puncture through the gelatin of your Vitamin E capsule.
- With clean hands, apply the contents from the capsule directly to your face, taking care to dab extra over acne eruptions. For more information about the best acne spot treatment, click here.
- Massage into skin using small, circular motions.
- Do not rinse off.
By following these steps, not only will you reduce the size of your existing acne spots, you’ll also fade the red marks and scars that linger from previous acne zits. For more acne scar treatment, click here.
Because Vitamin E is considered a “fat soluble” vitamin, it needs to be consumed with a meal that is moderately high in fat to be effective. You can take one capsule in the morning with breakfast and another at dinner time to achieve clear skin. By taking a two-pronged approach to using Vitamin E for clear skin, you’ll notice results as soon as one week.
The Effectiveness of Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills are an incredible boon for females who suffer from acne. Often, acne in women is associated with their “time of the month, ” but breakouts can occur at any stage of the menstrual cycle.
Oral contraception can help regulate the hormones that cause acne breakouts, leading to smooth, even skin.
There are many different types of contraceptive pills available on the market, including:
- Multiphasic Pills: These have different levels of hormones throughout the month. Brands include Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Seasonale, and Yaz.
- Monophasic Pills: Unlike multiphasic pills, they have just one level of hormones throughout the month. Brands include MonoNessa, Microgestin, and Alesse.
- Mini Pill: These contain progestin only. They are not recommended for acne and can make skin worse. Brands include Orthoa Micronor, Orvette, and Cerazette.
For clear skin, reach for monophasic or mulitiphasic pills. The hormones (typically ethinyl estradiol) in them are shown to promote clear skin. Progestin is androgenic, which means that it can cause acne. Avoid it at all costs to prevent unwanted acne flareups.
While the benefits of contraceptive pills are plentiful, there are also side effects that must be addressed.
For many people, they’re completely benign, but negative side effects can include:
- Weight gain (due fluid retention),
- Breast tenderness,
- Bleeding between periods,
- Ovarian cysts,
- Decreased libido.
It’s best to remain aware of your body and its own unique reaction to medication to prevent adverse effects from birth control pills. To learn more about acne medication, click here.
What Should I Know About Hormonal Pills?
While hormonal acne pills seem like a magical cure all for acne, not everyone can take hormonal supplements. For instance, there is little information available for treatments for males, and most hormonal acne treatments are targeted toward the ladies. To learn more about hormonal acne treatment, click here.
Taking hormonal acne pills can have side effects that can be long lasting. It can adjust your menstrual cycle and cause mood swings and spotting between periods.
On the upside, it’s almost always effective for most variations of hormonal acne. When birth control pills aren’t a good fit for you, you can always consider an anti-androgenic medicine called spironolactone.
Spironolactone is powerful diruetic that has the added benefit of clearing skin. For many acne sufferers, it delivers a veritable cure. To learn more about sprironolactone acne treatments, click here.
Acne Prescription Pills
When over the counter acne pills fail to do the trick, you may have to consult your physician to recieve a prescription for a more powerful acne pill.
Some of the best prescription-only acne pills include:
- Antibiotics: These attack the bacteria that cause acne (Acnes). Some, like doxycycline, also have anti-inflammatory properties. To find out more about doxyclicine for acne, click here.
- Anti-androgenics: This includes hormonal birth control and spirolonactone. By reducing the amount of male hormones in the body, skin becomes clear and smooth.
- Isotretinoin: Also known as “accutane”, it’s arguably the most powerful acne medicine available. Women who take it must remain on two forms of birth control and patients who take it require monthly blood tests. However, it’s extremely effective and can provide a lasting cure to even the worst acne.
Acne is a devastating disease, but the good news is that there is a cure and you can find it through a wide selection of acne pills. Armed with the information you found in this article, you can now start your path to healing and smooth, clear skin!
You can find further details of Acne here.