What to Consider When Choosing a Face Mask to Eliminate Acne Completely
You’ve probably exhausted your options to clear up the acne that has invaded your face with vengeance. You shouldn’t give up since there are plenty of other options that you need to consider. A face mask is one of them! This option will significantly boost your acne elimination efforts. This article will give you valuable tips on selecting the best face mask for your face as well as outline the best 20 products for your consideration!
Table of Contents
Choosing a Face Mask
Selecting the best face mask for your face is the initial yet the most critical stage of the acne elimination process. You should choose a product that won’t have any side effects on your skin to prevent severe outcomes that may complicate the acne treatment process.
There exist both the organic and synthetic face masks in the market. All these products contain the active components which should greatly interest you. You should examine these ingredients to determine whether you’ve had a history of allergy to them. Even then, it’s hard to determine the sensitivity of your skin towards a product that you’ve never used.
As such, you need to always conduct a preliminary test to determine whether your skin will react adversely to a particular product. To achieve this, just clean a small section of your skin and sparingly apply the product to observe the outcome which will consequently guide your choice of the product. You can also check best acne face wash for alternatives.
While the price of a product is crucial during the selection process, it’s critical that you don’t compromise on the quality. The face is very conspicuous and you wouldn’t want to trade its smooth and healthy texture for a few coins in the name of saving! Always insist on quality products that are compatible with your skin.
What is the Best for Acne and Blackheads?
The ideal face mask should have the following unique properties:
- Superb healing properties. All that you need is a product that will entirely eradicate the acne and blackheads. Right? If this is the case, then you need to choose a product that has outstanding antibacterial and astringent properties. Such products may include salicylic acid, sulfur, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, and kaolin.
- Compatibility with individual skin type. You’ll need to determine whether you have dry or oily skin as you select the product. The best blackhead removal product should not have severe side effects during the application process. If you have a dry skin, you can use a moisturizing product such as lemon juice and apple cider vinegar masks. On the other hand, acne on oily skills is ideally treated by applying a face mask that draws out impurities such as clay face mask.
- Availability. Once you start with a product, it isn’t advisable to keep changing it. As such, the best product that will deliver desired results is that which its availability allows for consistency in its application! If you can’t sustain its use, then you shouldn’t start with it.
Best Peel Off
This category of face masks simplifies the application method during acne treatment. They easily peel off to expose the glowing skin every time you apply them. While the peeling may be scary to some, it’s highly effective and less painful if accurately applied.
You should ensure that whichever product you choose is friendly to your face and has the potential to remove all the acne-causing agents from your face. Additionally, an ideal face mask for acne should have superior astringent properties to ensure that your face is spotless after the healing process.
We recommend any brand of charcoal peel off mask especially if it has additives including rosemary and calendula herbs. The activated charcoal extracts deeply rooted acne vulgaris while the herbs ensure a blemish-free skin.
You need not worry about where to source for your best face mask for acne since you can easily prepare that at home!
Some of the products that you may prepare using ingredients on your shelves include:
- Baking soda. This is one of the cheapest and most versatile product you can use. You need to mix 1/2 tablespoon of the product with your cleanser and gently massage your face. Use this product sparingly to avoid redness and irritation; just twice a week will be enough!
- Yogurt and honey face mask. The lactic acid and zinc elements of the yogurt nourish your skin while the honey fights off bacterial infection. The combination resolves stubborn acne within just a few days of application. Use a mixture of two tablespoons of yogurt and one tablespoon of honey to massage your face. Allow it to sit for about twenty minutes then cleanse it.
- Guacamole face mask. This product mixes avocado, tomatoes, onion, and pepper. This combination is ideal for fighting off microbial infections on the face. You should allow the mixture to sit on your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Nutmeg face mask. The product has the potential to reduce acne bacterial infection, scarring, and inflammation. Use a half tablespoons of organic honey, nutmeg, and cinnamon to cleanse your face bi-monthly.
- Lemon juice face mask. The acidity of the lemon juice allows it to inhibit all the growth of bacteria that lead to acne. You can dilute the lemon juice with water and apply it on your face every day. It tightens the pores and prevents overproduction of sebum which maintains a glowing face.
- Pumpkin face mask. Pumpkin is rich in carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin B, and other valuable nutrients that help in restoring the smooth texture on your face. It is advisable that you mix the pumpkin with other components including an egg and honey. Mix one egg, 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree, and two teaspoons of honey. Apply on your face and let it sit for 20 minutes before cleansing with plenty water.
- Egg white face mask. This particular product is ideal for healing your acne as well as toning the skin. You need to clean your face with warm water to open up the pores then apply the egg white on your face. Let it sit for approximately 15 minutes and wash it off with plenty of water.
- Chocolate face mask. The product has numerous anti-oxidants that help to restore the glow on your face. Also, the product boosts the natural production of collagen which results in an acne-free skin. You need to mix the cocoa powder with raw milk and smear the paste on your face. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Aloe face mask. The fresh leaves of the plant produce a gel which you should apply on your face. Before the application, thoroughly clean the face using warm water. Let the gel sit on your face for 15-20 minutes then cleanse it with warm water.
- Green tea face mask. The product is rich in antioxidants, antibacterial, and astringent properties. You need to open the green tea bag and mix it with organic honey until you achieve a uniform paste. Apply it on the face and let it rest for 20 minutes and thereafter wash it off.
Are you thirsting for that unbelievable solution to your acne problem? Well, you shouldn’t worry since we have homemade solutions that are easy for you to prepare! The face masks detailed herein contain high-quality organic substances that contain antioxidants, antibacterial, and astringent properties to guarantee quick recovery and a lush face. The DIY face masks that you can try out include turmeric, papaya, cucumber, honey, green tea, tea tree, Aloe Vera, and toothpaste for acne. You should prepare these products into a paste and apply them to your face.
To obtain the best results, ensure that you first clean your face using warm water to open up the pores after which you should generously apply the paste. Also, ensure that you strictly observe any adverse effects after the application. In case you realize anything unusual, discontinue the product and consult your dermatologist.
The approximate time that the products should sit on your face is 20-30 minutes. After that, you should wash it off using clean water.
20 of the Best Face Masks for Acne That Should Be on Your Shopping List
If you’ve been in a fix trying to shop for the best, then you shouldn’t worry since we’ve broken it down for you!
Consider the following products:
- Lotus Youth Preserve Rescue Mask. This product has extraordinary antioxidants, antimicrobial, and astringent properties for a quick treatment of the acne. It guarantees blemish-free face after the healing process.
- Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme. The product shrinks the cystic acne and restores the integrity of your skin within some few days. It is ideal for the worst form of pimples. You can find it in your nearest store!
- Borghese Fango Delicato Active Mud. This product is specially designed for delicate skins. It revitalizes the skin and brings back the glow within a few days. Also, the product has an incredible healing property for acne and guarantees a blemish-free skin thereafter.
- Age Prevention Superfood Mask. This is a hydrating formula that works like a clay mask by tightening the pores. It has numerous antioxidants, minerals, and hyaluronic acid. You can get the product in any cosmetics and beauty shop around your area.
- GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglefoliate Treatment. The product offers impressive results in taking away the acne. Be careful when using the product especially if your skin is sensitive.
- Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack. This product is ideal for you if you have normal skin. You need to apply it on the face and leave it for approximately 30 minutes then wash it off. It offers a rejuvenated skin with its impressive antibacterial properties healing the acne fast!
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. The product has half part apple cider vinegar and water. Apply it gently on your face and leave it for approximately 20 minutes. The product heals the acne and leaves your skin hydrated!
- Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask. The product has zinc oxide, sulfur, and salicylic acid to take away all the acne and blemishes. Apply it and let it settle for 10 minutes after which you should cleanse it.
- Innisfree Volcanic Clay Mask. Use a cotton bud to swab the product on your face and let it sit for 30 minutes then wash it off. The unique volcanic clay removes the most stubborn acne and restores your smooth complexion within a few days.
- SkinCeuticals Clarifying Clay Mask. This is the best clarifying product for your dry skin that you can find in the market. It heals the acne quick and brightens up your skin! You can find it in your next door store!
- SkinFood Egg White Pore Mask. This product contains plenty of antioxidants that help fight the acne. It leaves your skin smooth and refreshed. Apply it twice daily to achieve the desired results after a few days!
- Belif the True Tincture Mask. The product has a soft-gel touch that doesn’t tingle as the skin dries. It perfectly tones the skin, removes the acne, and offer blemish-free skin. Apply it once daily and thoroughly wash it off 20 minutes after application.
- Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask. The product is rich in vitamin C. The purple paste leaves behind a smooth texture and acne-free skin that is the admiration of everyone.
- I Dew Care Take It Easy Calming Calamine Mask. You should apply the cream for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. It has unique antioxidants, antimicrobial, and astringent properties that restore the integrity of your skin within days of application.
- AmorePacific Time Response Skin Renewal Sleeping Masque. You should apply this product before turning in to ensure that it renews your skin overnight. It ensures smooth, acne-free skin that is free of blemish. The product is not sticky and gives a luxurious feeling with every application.
- Pixl by Petra Rose Flash Balm. You should wear this mask for only 15 minutes. Its antioxidant constituents will cleanse the skin taking away the acnes and leaving behind a smooth texture.
- Herbivore Brighten Instant Glow Mask. This is an enzyme mask that will regenerate your skin to take away the acne and restore its glow. Always ensure that you mask your face for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Dior Hydra Life Pores Away Pink Clay Mask. The product constitutes clay mask that ensures a rejuvenated and acne-free face within a few days. It leaves your skin soft and supple.
- DCL Detoxifying Clay Mask. The product has unique detoxifiers that remove all the toxins leading to a smooth face. Use it twice daily.
- Renee Rouleau Rapid Response Detox Masque. The product works rapidly to detox your face and restore the original glow.
To ensure high efficiency of the product, you need to read the manufacturer’s instructions thoroughly. Do not deviate from their recommendations!
You can find further details of Acne here.