Incredible Facts about Body Washes for Eliminating Acne that You Should Know
The efficiency of acne-eradication is dependent on your ability to choose the right products for the process. While cleaning the body is a prerogative in the entire exercise, not all body washes will boost your effort to entirely eradicate the menace. In fact, some of your favorite body washes may either be the cause of the acne or they’re worsening the situation! We acknowledge the difficulties you may be facing while trying to select the best product for your condition. As such, we’ve filtered the best information that you need to know about body washes and their potency to remove the acne. Read on to learn more!
Table of Contents
Choose the Body Wash to Fight Your Acne
You need to realize that products respond differently in individuals. As such, you should never share a product with an acquaintance simply because it worked on them! Instead, you need to deeply evaluate your condition to determine its severity, location, as well as the sensitivity of your skin before settling for a body wash.
The breakdown below gives insights on the ideal product for your use:
- Body wash for acne scars. You’re probably bothered by the unsightly scars left behind after an acne breakout. If true, then you need to choose a product that has unique astringent properties to bring back your complexion! Such products contain coconut oil, honey, turmeric, ginger, sweet almond oil, Aloe Vera, tea tree oil, witch hazel, cucumber, and yogurt. You can also use these products to make exfoliators to remove the dead skin cells and rejuvenate the skin.
Body Wash for Chest Acne. When selecting a body wash to treat chest acne, you should ensure that it contains salicylic acid. The product works by drying out the acne which helps in fast healing in the sweat-prone part. Some of the ideal products that may be helpful in treating folliculitis include Neutrogena body wash, ProActiv, and tea tree body wash.Important Note
While benzoyl peroxide is ideal when treating face acne, you should avoid it when dealing with chest acne. It has the potential to breach fabrics and may destroy your clothes. Instead, we strongly recommend that you use products that have salicylic acid which will quickly heal the acne without destroying your clothes!
- Acne body washes with benzoyl peroxide. There are numerous body washes that contain benzoyl peroxide as the key ingredient. These products are highly effective in eliminating acne from your body. We highly recommend that you apply these products on your face to get rid of all the stubborn acne. Also, benzoyl peroxide face mask for acne works by killing the bacteria causing the acne, exfoliating the skin, and reducing the inflammation. Products with this constituent are ideal for use even with sensitive skins since they are not too strong for such skins.
- Natural body washes for acne. These are organic products that you can use to treat the acne. They include natural essential oils such as tea tree, lavender oil, apple cedar vinegar, coconut oil, and jojoba oil. You can also use products that are readily available at home including tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, lemon, turmeric, onion, Shea butter, and honey.
- Body wash for sensitive acne prone skin. The type of your skin determines the body wash you use. If your skin is dry, you should find a body wash with a moisturizing effect. On the other hand, there are products designed specially to strip off the excess oil from your skin which is ideal for oily skin.
- Body washes for back acne. Just like chest acne, back acne requires the use of salicylic acid body washes to achieve the desired results fast. Alternatively, you may use organic products to wash your back regularly.
What is the Best for Acne Prone Skin?
An acne outbreak is the last thing that you would want on your face. Right? Well, you shouldn’t gamble with the body wash you use for acne prone skin! You should select the products that match the requirements of your skin to ensure that they do not backfire on you. We recommend that you first test the effectiveness of the product you choose with a small section of your skin before smearing it all over the skin.
To effectively address the acne problem, it’s necessary that you know what is causing the acne. Read on what causes acne here. Also, you should avoid chemical-based products and concentrate on organic substances that are friendlier to your skin. The best of the organic products that you should consider using is tea tree oil which is paraben-free thus guaranteeing success in eliminating acne.
The organic products are vital if your skin is oily since they remove the excess sebum without drying out the skin. If your skin is dry, you may need to use essential oils such as coconut and lavender to address the menace.
Top 18 Recommended Body Washes for acne
Selecting an ideal body wash for your condition can be complicated. You may decide to use homemade solutions such as toothpaste for acne.
If you really need help, then you should consider the list below:
- Murad acne body wash. This product is made out of salicylic acid, glycolic acid, licorice, green tea and date seeds. It soothes irritated skin and has numerous antioxidants which are helpful in eradicating the acne. The date seeds offer an exfoliating effect to remove excess sebum and exfoliate the skin which ensures a spotless healing process.
Pros Cons + Ideal for sensitive skins – Highly scented + Highly effective in fighting acne – Expensive + Has an exfoliator for cleaning the skin – Does not lather easily
- T3 acne body wash. The product has tea tree oil and triclosan 0.3% which is highly bactericidal. It also contains natural Australian tea tree oil ideal for unclogging skin pores. Daily wash with this product gives you a smoother skin.
Pros Cons + Unique pH 5.5 – Slightly expensive + Friendly to the skin + Highly effective against acne-causing bacteria
- Oxy acne body wash. This product treats the acne as well as prevents a breakout. It is made out of menthol-infused salicylic acid which keeps back and chests acne at bay.
Pros Cons + Kills all acne-causing bacteria – Can cause slight irritations if used in large quantities + Soothes the skin + Rich Lather + Maximum strength formula + Enhance skin cell renewal
- Proactiv acne body wash. The product has exfoliating beads to clean the skin while glycolic acid destroys the acne-causing bacteria. Benzoyl peroxide prevents blemishes resulting in rehydrated and flawless complexion.
Pros Cons + Assured effectiveness – Not ideal for all types of skin + Softens the skin
- Lush body washes for acne. Lush has numerous body washes that can help you in treating acne. They are primarily made from natural products such as tea tree and aloe Vera which makes it friendly for sensitive skin.
Pros Cons + Natural products – Expensive + Highly effective for all types of skins
- CVS acne body wash. This product has 2% salicylic acid for effective treatment of acne. You should use it daily when bathing to eliminate all the acne-causing bacteria. When applying the product, avoid direct eye contact.
Pros Cons + Highly effective – Expensive + Lathers well – May lead to skin irritations if not well rinsed + Skin friendly
- Jason tea tree body wash. The product is expertly designed to cleanse and nourish the skin thus eliminating all the acne. It has tea tree oil, vitamin E, Aloe Vera, and pro-vitamin B5 which gives your skin an incredible glow.
Pros Cons + Free from paraben and harsh sulfates – May result in irritation if you have highly sensitive skin + Highly effective for acne elimination
- Sebamed liquid face and body wash for acne. The product has an ideal pH of 5.5 which make it a gentle body wash to your skin. The pentavitin, vitamins, and allantoin in the product deep cleanse your skin thus removing both the acne and the blemishes.
Pros Cons + 100% soap and alkali free – Expensive + Highly effective against blemishes + Environmentally friendly
- Neutrogena body wash for acne. This product uses salicylic acid which is a strong bactericidal agent. It clears all the acne-causing bacteria leaving you with a radiant looking skin. You can apply Neutrogena even when your skin is sensitive since the body wash is gentle.
Pros Cons + Ideal for sensitive skins – Not highly effective against a severe acne breakout + Inexpensive – Can dry the skin
- Cetaphil body washes for acne. This is an antibacterial product that fights against the bacteria leading to acne. You should use the body wash every day for guaranteed results. The product is non-comedogenic and gives you a soft and smooth skin.
Pros Cons + Readily available – Not recommended for people with sensitive and dry skins + Does not dry your skin + Refreshing smell + Does not clog pores
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. This 0.5% salicylic acid, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic product is ideal for acne medication and prevention of blemishes. Its moisture-rich soy formulation improves the texture and tone of your skin.
Pros Cons + Uses soy which makes skin brighter – Not recommended for severe acne breakouts
- Sal3 Salicylic Acid and Sulfur Soap. Contains 3% salicylic acid and 10% sulfur. It works by lowering the pH of your skin, promoting keratin formation, and preventing inflammation. It removes both the acne and the blemishes and leaves your skin refreshed.
Pros Cons + Antibacterial and antifungal properties – Highly scented + Affordable – Destroy dyed hair when used on the scalp + High concentration of salicylic acid + Beneficial for dry skins
- PanOxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash. The body wash has high concentrations of benzoyl peroxide. You should avoid using this product before consulting your dermatologist. It has strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties ideal for severe acne outbreaks.
Pros Cons + Prevents severe acne breakout – Can lead to skin irritations and skin peeling + Highly effective
- AHA Botanical Body Wash. The product contains papaya extracts, grapevine extracts, and alpha hydroxy acids. It exfoliates the skin removing the dead cells and unclog the pores.
Pros Cons + Has protein and ginseng which helps in calming and refreshing sensitive skins – You require consistency to achieve best results + Highly effective in healing acne and smoothening your face
- African Black Soap Body Wash. This product has Aloe Vera and vitamin E which are instrumental in soothing and hydrating your body. It has numerous positive reviews as the product of choice to clear acne, fade scarring, tighten, and exfoliate your skin.
Pros Cons + One of the oldest beauty products with positive reviews – Can be stripping in some individuals + Multiple functioning; clears acne, nourish the skin, and eliminates blemishes
- Tea Tree Skin Clearing Body Wash. Tea tree is ideal for acne breakout-prone and combination skins. You’ll need to clean your body regularly to guarantee a smother and blemish-free skin.
Pros Cons + Does not dry the skin – Relatively expensive + Ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skins
- Phisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash. The product has 2% salicylic acid that clears your body acnes within a few days of application. Also, it has a soothing effect originating from Aloe, Chamomile, and Vitamin E.
Pros Cons + Ideal for acne breakouts – May cause itchiness in people with sensitive skins + Oil-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, and soap-free – Requires consistency for maximum results + Refreshing fragrance
- Oxy Hydrating Body Wash. The product contains 2% salicylic acid which makes it ideal for acne breakouts. Also, it has moisturizers such as seaweed extract for hydration and soothing effects.
Pros Cons + Has anti-inflammatory properties for reducing acne swelling – Relatively expensive + Exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin + Calms irritation + Refreshing smell + Ideal for sensitive skins
Body washes are the best formulation that you can use to treat acne since they cover a large section of your skin. There are numerous body washes that you can use on different occasions. If you have acne-prone skin, you should always choose a body wash that will not only eliminate the acne but also prevent future breakouts.
You can find further details of Acne here.