Find Out the Ideal Acne Product for Your Skin Type
Have you encountered severe side effects when using certain acne eradicating products? Well, you should realize that human skin is highly sensitive and it may develop allergic reactions against certain drug molecules. As such, you need to select the product you use on your skin cautiously to prevent reactions that will complicate your acne eradicating efforts. Ensure that you read the manufacturer’s recommendations on the type of skin that a specific product should be used on. Only use products that are compatible with your skin type to accelerate the healing process. Here, we’ve detailed the best acne products in 2018 for your consideration.
Table of Contents
Best Acne Products
Different people possess varying skin types and thus use different acne products conveniently. These skin types include oily, dry, sensitive, and clear skins. You should realize that a product that is ideal for your friend may not necessarily work for you.
To be sure of the product to apply, you first need to know your skin type. You can determine that through observation especially after bathing; dry skin tends to be scaly and requires oil application to smoothen while oily skins have their natural oil and you may not need to apply more external oil. If you are experiencing difficulties in identifying your skin type, you can always consult professionally since this is a crucial stage of acne eradication that you cannot afford to ignore.
Below, we have highlighted the best products for each skin type:
- For Oily Skin. This skin type poses a significant challenge in the acne-elimination process. It is paramount that you realize that overproduction of sebum by the skin’s sebaceous glands is a factor that contributes largely to the development of acne. If you are unable to reduce the production of oil on your skin, then it will be difficult to control the acne.
As such, the best product for oily skin should have the ability to eliminate excess oil from the skin as well as regulate the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands. Once this is achieved, the acne will heal since the skin pores will unclog allowing for penetration of antimicrobial products that you should use together. This will further enhance the healing process.
- For Sensitive Skin. If you have a sensitive skin, then you’ll opine that eradicating acne is not the easiest assignment! This skin type requires extra care to avoid reactions that can lead to overproduction of sebum and thus worsening the condition.
To get the best results, you may need to stick to one product that works best for you. Alternatively, you may try out home remedies for acne eradication including toothpaste. Click here to know more. Also, ensure that the product that you choose has a soothing effect and that it will keep your skin moisturized.
- For Clear Skin. If you have a clear skin, you may be troubled that acnes are highly conspicuous and that they may leave ugly scars behind. However, you need to realize that if you use the ideal products, it is highly unlikely that such will happen.
First, you need to ensure that you keep your skin hydrated throughout the treatment period. You can achieve this by using hydrating gels as well as moisturizers.
Also, make sure that you do not let dead cells and debris accumulate on your skin since they will worsen the situation. To achieve this, ensure that you regularly exfoliate the skin using friendly exfoliators. Never be too harsh on your skin during the entire process!
- For Dry Skin. Normally, acne is common on the oily skin due to clogging of the skin pores by the oil and dirt. However, you may experience acne due to the accumulation of layers of dead cells or overuse of some acne products. To get rid of acne on dry skin, you need to consider regular skin exfoliation using friendly substances such as Alpha-H.
Also, you should ensure that you invest on a high-quality acne body wash as well as an oil-free moisturizer. Better still, you can use hydrating serums to keep your skin hydrated. Such products include Vitamin B serums such as ASAP Super B complex.
Best Drugstore Acne Pros
Eradicating acne can be an uphill task both for teens and adults. If you are struggling with acne, then you shouldn’t worry since you can obtain some of the most effective acne medication products from your nearest drugstore.
Here, we detail some of the best products you can obtain from there:
- Differin .1 Gel
This has been a prescription-only product for over twenty years but was recently approved as a drugstore product making it the only retinoid product available in drugstores. The product has incredible anti-inflammatory properties and will clear your clogged pores to eliminate the acne. Also, it’s constituted in such a way that it will reduce scarring during the healing phase and keep your skin moisturized.
- Avène Cleanance Expert
This product regulates the production of oil by the skin while gently exfoliating it. This dual activity opens up the pores thus accelerating the healing process. It moisturizes your skin leaving it smooth and supple. Also, it has unmatched anti-inflammatory properties that prevent the spread of acne allowing you to eradicate them fast.
- Yes to Tomato Scrub
This drugstore product is ideal for comedones. It combines lycopene, salicylic acid, ginger, and Bisabolol. This combination offers an ideal anti-inflammatory activity, exfoliates the skin, combats blemishes, and eliminate excess sebum from the skin. You can also choose the types that are charcoal infused to detox your skin while allowing a gentle exfoliation experience.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
This is a salicylic acid product that clears away debris from your skin, prevent acne breakouts, and ensure that your acne heals without forming any blemishes. What’s best about the product is the fact that it eliminates your acne without causing any skin dryness or irritation.
- Bioré Pore-Unclogging Scrub
If you need to fight acne successfully, then you have to ensure that you keep your skin pores open. You can achieve this by using Bioré Pore-Unclogging Scrub at least three times per week. The product has salicylic acid that will get rid of bacteria thus offering a quick, blemish-free acne healing process.
- Panoxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash
If you have back and chest acne, then you can walk to your nearest drug store and grab this product! It has benzoyl peroxide which will effectively eliminate both cystic and non-cystic acne. If you develop extreme sensitivity, you should discontinue the product’s use and seek the help of a dermatologist.
On this category, we pick Differin .1 Gel as the best product for you to purchase. You can get it at Amazon with only $16.93.
Best Over the Counter Products
You can obtain the following acne products over the counter:
- Paula’s Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster. The product is available at Amazon at only $36. The Azelaic acid effectively eliminates your acne without leaving behind blemishes or dry skin.
- Zo Skin Health Complexion Renewal Pads. It comes as treatment pads soaked in salicylic acid and glycolic acid. It helps in removing excess oil thus eradicating acne. Available at Zo Skin Health at only $5.
- Honest Beauty Resurfacing Cleanser. This is a foaming cleanser that has 0.5% salicylic acid. It helps in balancing the oil on the skin thus eliminating the risk of acne development. Available at Amazon at $49.99.
- Sunday Riley Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask. This product is available at Nordstrom at $55. It has sulfur which effectively removes oil from the skin as well as unclogs the skin pores. Find more information on masks here.
- Cane + Austin Miracle Pad 20% Glycolic Facial Treatment. This product has glycolic acid and antioxidants including green tea. The acid works by removing oils, debris, and bacteria which may otherwise worsen the acne. The antioxidants smoothen the skin and eliminate all the harmful free radicals. Also, the exfoliator has witch hazel which tones your skin.
On this category, we recommend that you try Paula’s Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster.
5 Best-Selling Acne Treatment Products that Actually Work
The following acne products are not only the fastest moving but also work effectively to restore a smooth skin.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. This product gives you the relief with acne that you’ve desired all along. It has received approximately 17,000 reviews on Amazon with 12,000 being five-star reviews. On average, the product has a 4.4-star rating. You’ll get it at Amazon at only $ 8.30.
- Keeva Tea Tree Oil. This is a natural product that works well with cystic acne and sensitive skin. It is available at Amazon and other leading stores at only $ 24.97. It has 2300 reviews with an average star rating of 4.4.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Blemish Treatment Daily Moisturizer. The moisturizer you use will have a significant effect on your acne elimination efforts. This particular brand has salicylic acid that will eliminate your acne fast. It is available at Amazon where you’ll obtain it with only $13.75. It has more than 1,100 customer reviews and an average rating of 4.2 stars.
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. You will find this product at Amazon and Nordstrom at $17. It has over 2,100 reviews with the largest number giving it a five star due to its ability to eliminate whiteheads overnight! It has an average of 4.2 stars at Amazon. Its primary active ingredients include sulfur, salicylic acid, and calamine which eradicates the chances of acne breakout.Important Note
Some people are highly allergic to sulfur. If you apply this product and realize anything strange, we recommend that you discontinue its use and consult a dermatologist. Despite the fact that it is one of the best products in acne eradication, always perform a skin test before application.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel. This product is available at Amazon and Sephora at $80.74. While the price may appear high, the benefits associated with the product are worth every coin you spend on it. The peels come with alpha and beta hydroxy acids which eliminate acne-causing bacteria and reduces debris buildup thus removing the risk of acne breakout effectively. It has over 1,700 reviews on Sephora with an average rating of 4.5 stars which is a testimony of the effectiveness of the product.
You may also invest in other face wash. Click here to for more detailed information.
You now have a wide list of effective products that you can use to eradicate acne.
We recommend that you select the best for you and stick to it! If anything strange happens to your skin during product’s use, seek medical attention immediately.
You can find further details of Acne here.